Dan says hi!
Hi! My name is Dan and I am half of this blog. Our other half, Danielle, will hopefully introduce herself soon. :)
Let's establish why we're here, OK? Simply put, we love books. And we love talking about books. And reading about books. And reading about talking about books. We're wicked meta. So book blog. Yeah.
Why do I, the Dan-half of the blog, love books, you ask? (Ok, if you're reading this, you're probably not asking that because you love books too, but for the sake of argument let's pretend that you're asking that question.) For me books are full of dragons and pirates and hobbits and martians and vampires and werewolves and fairies and well.. you probably get the idea.
My dearest loves are fantasy and sci-fi, a legacy from a mom who loved nerdy books. Thanks to her I learned about Tolkien, Bradbury, McCaffery, King, Asimov at a formative age. Epic worlds and epic story tellers. The books that I'm going to be gushing about are probably going to skew towards the fantastical.
So some things to know about me:
- I'm a nerd and a geek. And I'm proud of it.
- I love books. Well, duh, at this point.
- I hate spoilers, so I'm going to go out of my way to review in a way that doesn't spoil the details of the books that I'm reviewing.
- I'm super excited about this.
- I'm also a big fan of manga and comic books, so they will be reviewed as well.
OK. Now on with the reviewing!